Author Topic: Introduction thread!  (Read 3978 times)

aaron.oak

• Exhibitor
  • New Arrival
    • View Profile
Introduction thread!
« on: August 23, 2015, 11:30:23 PM »
Welcome to the forums! Here's a place to introduce yourself - I'll start it off:

Hi! I'm Aaron. I'm the community manager for the Indie MEGABOOTH and I'm here for all of your community management needs. I also host our Daily MEGASHOW which you can find at twitch.tv/indiemegabooth. Give us a follow to get notified next time we go live!

Looking foward to meeting everyone!

Wild Factor

• Regulars
  • New Arrival
    • View Profile
Re: Introduction thread!
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2015, 03:55:15 AM »
Hello :)
I'm Alexandre. I'm the developper of the game Freaking Meatbags (steam PC) and the coming game Machiavillain.
Machiavillain
I'm the coder and I work with the comic artist Zimra on our last game.

We live in Paris, so don't hesitate to contact us if you want to talk about indie dev !
Wild Factor

aaron.oak

• Exhibitor
  • New Arrival
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2015, 12:15:51 AM »
Nice! Welcome to the forums!

Dewfreak83

• Regulars
  • New Arrival
  • Coder, Wannabe Artist, & Struggling Writer
    • View Profile
    • Under Byte Studios
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2015, 12:18:01 AM »
Neat I'm #2!

I'm Rick. I left AAA a little over a year ago to do the "indie thing". Heroes Guard: The Journal is taking far longer than I expected, but I'm greatly enjoying my time working on it.

I'm a programmer by trade, but am a wanna-be artist, and struggling writer. I love tackling the project solo, but would love one day to find that perfect partner or small team!

Z

• Regulars
  • New Arrival
  • Serenity Forge
    • View Profile
    • Serenity Forge
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2015, 04:00:13 PM »
Cool! Didn't know we had a forum. Hopefully it'll catch on more over time.

My name is Z, founder of Serenity Forge located in Boulder, Colorado. Creator of The King's Bird, Pixel Galaxy, Luna's Wandering Stars, and a bunch of other smaller projects/client work. We're currently a team of 10, working on 6ish games at the same time. About 50% in-house IPs and 50% contract work to keep the company floating.

Personally I have an investment banking background, worked at the Fed for a little bit, decided to leave and make video games instead. Graduated college just last year. Artist, programmer, I do a bunch of stuff. Love to do any type of collaboration work, and I'm a tea fanatic.

Personal Twitter: @ZhenghuaYang

david van brink

• Regulars
  • New Arrival
    • View Profile
Greetings, Programs!
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2015, 11:57:09 PM »
Hi, Aaron, Alexandre, Rick, and Z. Slow party so far, hope it picks up.

I'm David, and I don't know a single game developer in this world. So I am here to chew bubble gum and make new friends, and I am all out of bubble gum. (wave.)

I'm twitter @metarealworld https://twitter.com/metarealworld

Over the last year I've been writing my home-brew 3d & physics engine and my game, Metareal, an abstract first person puzzler. Expected in 2017.

I've just this evening posted the first trailer for it. More to come.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vnxo6GxDRfk

GCVuxadin

• Regulars
  • New Arrival
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2016, 02:24:13 PM »
Hey guys,

I'm Ash however I tend to use the alias Vuxadin online. I'm currently the Community Manager for an Indie Game in development - GalaCollider.

My background is in the Events & Business industry however I'm trying to move myself over to the gaming industry as my passion has always lied there.

Look forward to being in contact with you all.

Cheers,
Vuxadin.

Oh, I also have Twitter! - https://twitter.com/GCVuxadin

Digital Dreams

• Regulars
  • New Arrival
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2016, 08:30:31 AM »
I'm Roy van de Mortel, one of the three founders of Digital Dreams so acting here on behalf of us.
We're making and showcasing Metrico+ http://metrico-game.com/ for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and Steam. (likely showing the Xbox version at PAX)

Metrico+ is a puzzle platformer which consists of all sorts of infographics like bar diagrams, pie charts and line graphs. These infographics constantly change based on your actions, movements and input. The goal of the game is to experiment and find out how each infographic within certain puzzles react, solving these puzzles in that manner.

Looking forward to see if Metrico+ gets love on the East-coast as well ^^

cindyfloatsonclouds

• Regulars
  • New Arrival
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2016, 04:22:37 PM »
Hey y'all. =)

I can wait to meet you all! I'm Cindy, former biochemistry enzyme researcher turned business analyst. I'll be in IMB representing DreamSail Games at the Blade Ballet booth.

CANT WAIT CANT WAIT

www.bladeballet.com
www.cindyfloatsonclouds.com

Paranormal Games

• Regulars
  • New Arrival
  • Indie makin da games
    • View Profile
    • Paranormal Games
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2017, 11:06:03 PM »
hi yall!

Hey people my names Steve my small indie dev outfit is Paranormal Games and we are from Adelaide Australia. Just wanted to say hi and look forward to the discourse here :D.
We will be showing some dev updates in our own thread I guess for our upcoming title Shadow and Huxley: Cat Burglar Extraordinaires, so keep a hairy eyeball out for that.

Also I am going to GDC for the first time, be cool to catch up with people. Should be epic.

Also is this forum new? I thought it would be a bustling hive of Indie activity.

See you round the forums. Peace!
we eat watermelons and rub them on our face, games are fun lets keep it that way.

cfloydtweets

• Administrator
  • New Arrival
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2017, 02:49:50 PM »
Howdy! Welcome :)